Patrick was good enough to send us his Ashley-nosed Bugeye from Kansas City area a few months ago. We’ve now completed about 100 improvements and you can come with me in the video below on the first test drive after the giant work list is almost complete.
Below, you can see the “before” video, with the old dashboard prior to welding-up and recovering.
The carpet was dingy, so we replaced it. All the gauges were repaired too. The car transformed!
We also removed the roll bar, made a new tonneau and changed the scratched windshield glass.
You’ll notice a stumble on repetitive left tight turns in the parking lot in the “after” video. This is one of the many reasons we don’t like downdraft Weber carbs, as fit here. We’re running out of gas on hard left circles, and while we can dig into it and try to figure out why we are getting fuel starvation, the most satisfying way to fix this (as well as other throttle transition issues common to Webers) is to change to newly rebuilt original twin SUs.
When SUs are right, they work great!