NOW SOLD to Patrick In California! Congratulations!
After driving hundreds of Bugeyes, my personal favorite package of mods is shown on this car, and this one can be yours! We feel strongly there is no better configuration for a Spridget than a supercharged 1275 mated to a Ford 5-Speed with front disk brakes. For most people, wire wheels and front driving lights just sweeten the deal.
This ultimate Bugeye Sprite is for sale! Come for a drive below!
This is “Pal,”(AN5L 22827) a 1959 Bugeye we built in June of 2018 for a client in California. He spared no expense, and added the car to his impressive collection, that includes a wide array of interesting vehicles. Now thinning the herd, we jumped on the chance to buy-back one of our premium, fully sorted cars. This is a good one, and if you have the budget for an ultimate Bugeye, please give this car a serious look!
We started with a fully restored Bugeye and added just about every performance feature to make this a delightful sportscar capable of keeping up with modern traffic. The prior owner put just 300 miles on the rebuilt speedo that left with the car, so it is still quite fresh. We have repaired the horn and adjusted the E brake (that’s all it needed after its 300 mile shake-down drive), and now the car is ready for a new home!
This car has thousands of dollars worth of upgrades, that would cost a whole bunch more than the asking price, including:
- Supercharger and brand new single 1.75″ SU carb
- Rebuilt 1275 engine
- New Ford 5 speed conversion kit
- New clutch with roller throw out bearing upgrade
- K and N lifetime air filter
- Alternator conversion
- Electronic tach conversion (more reliable)
- Aluminum radiator
- Air horn
- Flip-up locking fuel cap
- Roller front wheel bearing upgrade
- Better cooling fan
- New tires in 2018
- LED lights all around
- Three point retractible seat belts
- Cigarette lighter hidden for charging your phone
- New tonneau
- Front anti-roll bar
- New electronic distributor (to eliminate points)
- New rubber floor mats
- Sebring driving lights
- Spin-on oil filter conversion
- Tri-bar headlights
- Uprated front shocks
- New right rear drive spline hub
- Rebuilt wiper motor
- New wooden shift knob.
- New Moto-lita wood wheel with billet hub
- New slotted and drilled front brake rotors
- New plush black carpet
- New fuel tank
Underside is also fully restored. No top as the car was never used in any weather (but we can add a navy blue or black one for you). Call or email if you would like to take this car home! We can make you one like this, but it will cost a lot more than the ask on this one…